Pardo sentence example
- It is drained by the Doce, Mucury, Jequitinhonha and Pardo, which have their sources on the eastern slopes of the Espinhago and cut their way through the Aymores to the sea.
- Its source is in the Serra da Canastra, and its general course across the state is north by east, during which it receives the Paracatu, Urucuia, Pardo and Carinhanha from the west and the Verde Grande and das Velhas from the east.
- Rio Pardo >>
- The more important of these rivers are the Itapicuru, Paraguassu, Contas or Jussiape, Pardo or Patype, and Jequitinhonha, of Bahia; the Mucury, and Doce, of Espirito Santo; and the Parahyba do Sul of the state of Rio de Janeiro.
- The Guayaquil author, Olmedo, who wrote the famous ode on the victory of Junin, and the Limenians Felipe Pardo and Manuel Segura are names well known wherever the Spanish language is spoken.Advertisement
- During the administration (1872-1876) of President Pardo the government borrowed heavily from the banks to avoid the suspension of work on the railways and port improvements.
- In the following year he died, and on the 24th of September 1904 Senor Jose Pardo was installed in the presidential chair.
- In 5908 there were some insurrectionary movements at Lima and an attempt was made to assassinate President Pardo, but they were, however, suppressed without a serious outbreak.
- Diamonds are also mined at Salobro on the river Pardo not far inland from the port of Canavieras in the S.E.
- Pardo de Tavera, Biblioteca filipina (ibid.Advertisement
- Pardo Bazn, Per Ia Espana pintoresca (Barcelona, 1895); R.
- Pardo Bazhn, La Espana de ayer y Ia de hoy (Madrid, 1899); LEspagne: politique, littirature, arme, &c., numiro special de la Nouvelle Revue Internationale (Paris, 1900); J.
- Sagasta was summoned to El Pardo, and the result of his interview with the queeai-regent, Canovas and the generals, was the understanding ever afterwards known as the pact of El Pardo, the corner-stone of the whole policy of the regency, and of the two great statesmen who so long led the great dynastic parties and the governments of Doa Christina.
- Canovas, who was consulted by the queen when Alonzo Martinez failed, faithfully carried out the pact of El Pardo and advised Her Majesty to send for Sagasta again, as he alone could, carry out what remained to be done of the Liberal programme.
- 2, 1872) by Don Manuel Pardo (d.Advertisement