Parching sentence example
- So also, if well-swelled and luscious fruits, such as strawberries, are required, there must be no parching at the roots.
- When the bed is finished, it is covered with straw to protect it from rain, and also from parching influences.
- The chief scourge is the sirocco, which is experienced in its most characteristic form on the north coast, as an oppressive, parching, hot, dry wind, blowing strongly and steadily from the south, the atmosphere remaining through the whole period of its duration leaden-coloured and hazy in consequence of the presence of immense quantities of reddish dust.
- When the growth is complete, a half-shady place outdoors during August and September will be suitable, with protection from parching winds and hot sunshine.
- parching tongue.Advertisement
- parching rays.
- parching thirst consumed our vitals.