Parathyroid-hormone sentence example
- decreased secretion or activity of the parathyroid hormone in the body.
- A reversible elevation of serum parathyroid hormone may occur.
- The most frequent symptom of MEN 1 is hyperparathyroidism, which is excessive growth of the parathyroid gland and excessive secretion of parathyroid hormone.
- For MEN 1, the relevant hormone was parathyroid hormone.
- The diagnosis can be confirmed by blood tests for calcium, phosphorus, and parathyroid hormone levels and by the sheep cell test for immune function.Advertisement
- Measurements of blood plasma 25-OH-D, blood plasma calcium, and blood plasma parathyroid hormone must also be obtained for the diagnosis of this disease.
- It inhibits the secretion of parathyroid hormone from the parathyroid gland.