Parasympathetic sentence example
- The drug atropine inhibits the parasympathetic nerve, causing the pupil to dilate.
- Digoxin also acts indirectly by increasing parasympathetic activity via the vagus nerve, further slowing atrioventricular node conduction.
- The drug has a similar effect to decreasing the tone of the parasympathetic nervous system, causing tachycardia.
- Hirschsprung's disease is caused when certain nerve cells (called parasympathetic ganglion cells) in the wall of the large intestine (colon) do not develop before birth.
- Parasympathetic ganglion cell-Type of nerve cell normally found in the wall of the colon.Advertisement