Parasympathetic sentence example
- parasympathetic nerves in the smooth muscle of the airways.
- anticholinergic antispasmodics Anticholinergic antispasmodics relax the uterine smooth muscle by acting on the intramural parasympathetic ganglia.
- The drug atropine inhibits the parasympathetic nerve, causing the pupil to dilate.
- Digoxin also acts indirectly by increasing parasympathetic activity via the vagus nerve, further slowing atrioventricular node conduction.
- parasympathetic innervation.Advertisement
- parasympathetic stimulation of gut muscle.
- parasympathetic nerve fibers (pelvic nerves ).
- parasympathetic system tends to exert opposing effects which amount to calming the body down.
- parasympathetic activity can also respond to the hypothalamus, which controls the nucleus of the solitary tract.
- The drug has a similar effect to decreasing the tone of the parasympathetic nervous system, causing tachycardia.Advertisement
- Hirschsprung's disease is caused when certain nerve cells (called parasympathetic ganglion cells) in the wall of the large intestine (colon) do not develop before birth.
- Parasympathetic ganglion cell-Type of nerve cell normally found in the wall of the colon.