Parasomnias sentence example
- The two major categories of primary sleep disorders are the dyssomnias and the parasomnias.
- Parasomnias are primary sleep disorders in which the individual's behavior is affected by specific sleep stages or transitions between sleeping and waking.
- Developmental changes throughout childhood bring differences in the sleep-wake cycle and in the type and frequency of parasomnias that may interrupt sleep.
- Other parasomnias, such as night terrors and night walking, may call for medication if other interventions and treatments fail to relieve seriously disruptive symptoms.
- There are many good books available to help a parent understand the normal sleep-wake cycles of children and the common parasomnias that all children experience.Advertisement