Parasomnia sentence example
- Nightmare disorder is a parasomnia in which the child is repeatedly awakened from sleep by frightening dreams and is fully alert on awakening.
- Sleep terror disorder is a parasomnia in which the child awakens screaming or crying.
- Childhood night terrors are a parasomnia, or partial-sleep disorder, common in young children.
- Sleepwalking, another parasomnia disorder, may also occur in as many as one third of children with night terrors.
- Nightmares are a type of sleep disruption, or parasomnia, characterized by frightening psychological content.Advertisement
- Parental observation of the child's sleeping patterns and careful record-keeping of symptoms of any sleep disruption through use of a sleep journal will usually reveal any parasomnia patterns that may require professional assessment.
- Nightmares are a common childhood parasomnia and medication is rarely indicated.