Paramo sentence example
- The general elevation of this range is lower than paramo, or range, north-east of Bogota (16,700 ft.).
- It is an important commercial centre, being on the road which crosses the Quindio pass, or paramo, into the Cauca valley.
- Between Cocui and the southern frontier of Colombia there are no noteworthy elevations except the so-called Paramo de Suma Paz near Bogota, the highest point of which is 14,146 ft.
- above sea-level - the Magdalena in the Laguna del Buey (Ox Lake) on the Las Papas plateau, and the Cauca a short distance westward in the Laguna de Santiago on the Paramo de Guanacas - and flow northward in parallel courses with the great Central Cordillera, forming the waterparting between their drainage basins.
- Colombia also possesses many species of the beautiful little humming-bird, among which are the tiny Steganura Underwoodi and the sword-bill, Docimastes ensiferus, which were found by Mr Albert Millican on a bleak paramo 12,000 ft.Advertisement
- The high altitude paramo is a good place to go hiking even without ascending the slopes.