Paralyses sentence example
- The acid is capable of passing through the unbroken skin, whereupon it instantly paralyses the sensory nerves.
- It is indicated in paralyses (chiefly functional), and is most valuable in the treatment of post-diphtheritic paralysis.
- " From the charnel-house of the Vienna cabinet," he exclaimed, " a pestilential air breathes on us, which dulls our nerves and paralyses the flight of our spirit."
- At one time, as in the case of Blechingdon, they would perform strange exploits worthy of the most daring hussars; at another their speed and tenacity paralyses armies.
- The poison of the sting is similar to snake-poison (Calmette), and rapidly paralyses animals which are not immune to it.Advertisement
- When rubbed into the skin with such substances as alcohol or glycerine, which are absorbed, atropine is carried through the epidermis with them, and in this manner - or when simply applied to a raw surface - it paralyses the terminals of the pain-conducting sensory nerves.
- Hydrocyanic acid is a general protoplasmic poison, all the lower organisms being very susceptible to its action, while in the higher animals it speedily depresses or paralyses all forms of nerve tissue.
- ==Pharmacology of Aconite and Aconitine== Aconite first stimulates and later paralyses the nerves of pain, touch and temperature, if applied to the skin, broken or unbroken, or to a mucous membrane; the initial tingling therefore gives place to a longcontinued anaesthetic action.