Paraldehyde sentence example
- Paraldehyde is moderately soluble in water, and when distilled with sulphuric acid is reconverted into the ordinary form.
- Paraldehyde is oxidized by dilute nitric acid, with formation of much glyoxal, (CHO) 2.
- The substance investigated was acetaldehyde, C 2 H 4 O, in its relation to paraldehyde, a polymeric modification.
- Paraldehyde is a powerful hypnotic, giving a refreshing quiet sleep which is not followed by unpleasant after effects.
- When taken continuously the drug soon loses its power as a hypnotic. Its unpleasant taste usually prevents the formation of a paraldehyde habit, but it occasionally occurs with symptoms resembling delirium tremens.Advertisement
- When taken in an overdose paraldehyde kills by producing respiratory failure.
- Amongst those which lessen excitability of the brain-cells are opium, morphine, hyoscyamus, chloral, sulphonal, trional, paraldehyde, chloralamide, chloralose, hop and many others.
- The introduction into practical use of many medicines, such as paraldehyde, phenazone and strophanthus, has followed the study of their actions on animals, and this tends to be more and more the case.
- Ethyl alcohol is taken as a type of the action of methyl alcohol, amyl alcohol, propyl alcohol, ether, acetic ether, paraldehyde, sulphonal, chloroform, methyl chloride, ethyl chloride, chloral hydrate, butylchloral hydrate, and almost any number of derivatives from these.