Parakeet sentence example
- Many pretty little finches fly about the maize-fields and fruit-gardens, and a little green parakeet is met with as l;.igh as 12,000 ft.
- Perrot or Pierrot, the diminutive of the proper name Pierre), the name given 1 "Parakeet" (in Shakespeare, i Hen.
- The species that has the widest range, and that by far, is the common Ring-necked Parakeet, Palaeornis torquatus, a well-known cage-bird which is found from the mouth of the Gambia across Africa to the coast of the Red Sea, as well as throughout the whole of India, Ceylon and Burmah to Tenasserim.
- Among a great variety of song-birds the mocking-bird is prominent; the parakeet is found in the southern part of the state.
- Parakeet (spelt in various ways in English) is usually applied to the smaller kinds of Parrots, especially those which have long tails, not as Perroquet in French, which is used as a general term for all Parrots, Perruche, or sometimes Perriche, being the ordinary name for what we call Parakeet.Advertisement
- Aristotle is commonly supposed to be the first author who mentions a parrot; but this is an error, for nearly a century earlier Ctesias in his Indica (cap. 3),2 under the name of fib-Taws (Bittacus), so neatly described a bird which could speak an "Indian" language - naturally, as he seems to have thought - or Greek - if it had been taught so to do - about as big as a sparrow-hawk (Hierax), with a purple face and a black beard, otherwise blue-green (cyaneus) and vermilion in colour, so that there cannot be much risk in declaring that he must have had before him a male example of what is now commonly known as the Blossom-headed parakeet, and to ornithologists as Palaeornis cyanocephalus, an inhabitant of many parts of India.
- Highlights included austral Thrush, Austral Parakeet, Fire eyed Diucon and Chilean Swallow.
- cc.), and are said by him to show the greatest resemblance to the common Grey Parrot of Africa, Psittacus erithacus, through having also some affinity to the Ring-necked Parakeet of the same country, Palaeornis torquatus.
- You could have the pleasure of lining a bird cage with the newspaper and letting your parakeet crap on the bad review, and that was the end of that.
- I work in two cities where the Ring-necked Parakeet is common, so I know the calls better than the average visiting birder.Advertisement
- Please don't get a cockatiel or a parakeet thinking that you're going to " try it for a while " .
- Other species seen whilst searching include Crimson-mantled Woodpecker, Andean Parakeet, Red-crested Cotinga and perhaps most surprisingly, Rusty-fronted Canastero.
- parakeet named Peek-a-boo.
- See for instance these pictures of the male and female of the african rose-ringed parakeet.
- In North America the Carolina parakeet, Conurus carolinensis, at the beginning of the i 9th century used to range in summer as high as the shores of lakes Erie and Ontario - a latitude equal to the south of France; and even much later it reached, according to trustworthy information, the junction of the Ohio and the Mississippi, though now its limits have been so much curtailed that its occurrence in any but the Gulf States is doubtful.Advertisement