Parading sentence example
- I heard you've been parading around with someone else.
- He was indefatigable, in war as in peace, in parading and inspecting; the weary and starving soldiers were forced to turn out amid the marshes of the Dobrudscha as spick and span as on the parade grounds of St Petersburg; but he could do nothing to set order in the confusion of the commissariat, which caused the troops to die like flies of dysentery and scurvy; or to remedy the scandals of the hospitals, which inflicted on the wounded unspeakable sufferings.
- Many locals celebrate the festivity by way of donning elaborate costumes & parading through the town streets.
- There must have been around fifty coaches, including double-deckers, parading through the village.
- The Guards had made their whole march as if on a pleasure trip, parading their cleanliness and discipline.Advertisement
- She was no stranger to parading around in a swimsuit since that's a big part of the pageant competitions she took part in.
- All the characters are parading through the town square, singing "Frosty the Snowman."
- It was a wonder even the parading pets didn't stop and stare.
- No agitation for the development of national defences, no beating of drums to awaken the military spirit, no anti-foreign clamour or invasion panic, no parading of uniforms and futile clash of arms, are necessary to entice the groundling and the bumpkin into the service.
- What they really are in the inferences proposed by Wundt is not premises for syllogism, but data for induction parading as syllogism.Advertisement
- The next day was a Sunday; and in the evening, whilst the British troops were parading for church, the native cavalry armed themselves, galloped to the gaol and released their comrades.
- Parades can be fun, but too much parading can make festivity look monotonous.
- And it was particularly moving to see the truckloads of veterans parading through Red Square past old allies - and former enemies.
- Denisov, as was his wont, rode out in front of the outposts, parading his courage.
- Regardless of media and magazine images touting the "ideal" as a size four (or smaller), plenty of people who are regarded as plus are actually in better health than the super skinny models parading down runways.Advertisement
- Miis are fun to watch, whether the Mii is in a game or Parading through the Plaza.
- While some may still complain about scantily clad women parading about in this fashion, the show continues to draw a huge audience.
- In Bohemia the Czechs were very active; while the Poles were parading their hostility to Russia in such a manner as to cause the emperor to avoid visiting Galicia, some of the Czech leaders attended a Slav demonstration at Moscow, and in 1868 they drew up and presented to the diet at Prague a " declaration " which has since been regarded as the official statement of their claims. They asked for the full restoration of the Bohemian kingdom; they contended that no foreign assembly was qualified to impose taxes in Bohemia; that the diet was not qualified to elect representatives to go to Vienna, and that a separate settlement must be made with Bohemia similar to that with Hungary.