Parade-ground sentence example
- Two days later, the national government occupied, with a strong force of infantry and artillery, the parade ground at Palermo used by the Buenos Aires volunteers for drill purposes.
- It stands in the parade ground of the Brompton barracks, facing the Crimean arch.
- The cantonment is situated on the left bank of the Hugh; it has also a large bazaar and several large tanks, and also a parade ground.
- Adjoining Holyrood Palace is the King's Park, used as a parade ground.
- West of the castle is a large oblong space, the Parade Ground.Advertisement
- Facing the north side of the Parade Ground are the handsome municipal buildings, completed in 1906.
- The opera house occupies the north-west corner of the Parade Ground.
- Behind is the parade-ground, with the statues of Albert I.
- The north-west side of the parade-ground is occupied by the new university buildings, completed in 1865; these and the new exchange on the south side of the Pregel are the finest architectural features of the town.
- During the 19th century Cavite was the centre of political disturbances in the Philippines; in 1896 on the parade ground thirteen political prisoners were executed, and to their memory a monument was erected in 1906 at the head of the isthmus connecting with the main peninsula.Advertisement
- Its large variety of trees and shrubs, including oak, hickory, elm, maple, chestnut, birch, ash, cedar, pine, larch and sumach, its flower gardens, a palm house, ponds, a lake of 61 acres for boating, skating and curling, a parade ground of 40 acres for other athletic sports, a menagerie, and numerous pieces of statuary, are among its objects of interest or beauty.
- Adjacent are the parade ground and racecourse and the golf-links.
- On the parade ground between it and St James's Park the ceremony of trooping the colour is held at the celebration of the sovereign's birthday.
- Each unit would erect a new altar to the deity on the edge of the parade ground.
- During the bird nesting season, from late September to mid-February, visitors can also explore the island's historic parade ground and can hike down the Agave Trail to the water's edge.Advertisement