Pará rubber sentence example
- La Condamine ascertained the nature of the tree, now known as Hevea brasiliensis, from which the Para rubber of S.
- The enormous increase in the commercial demand for rubber and the probability of the continuance of this increase in view of the great variety of purposes to which the material can be applied, has led to great activity in rubber planting in other parts of the world, especially in Ceylon and the Malay Peninsula and Archipelago, where the Para rubber trees (Hevea brasiliensis) has been successfully introduced, and numerous plantations; many of which have not been in existence for more than ten or fifteen years, are now contributing to the world's supply.
- " Plantation " Para rubber from Ceylon and the Malay States has brought prices equal to and often exceeding those of fine Para rubber from Brazil.
- It would appear, however, that the finest " wild " Para rubber as a rule possesses greater tensile strength than the " plantation " rubber.
- - Para Rubber Trees, Tapped - Ceylon.Advertisement
- The Castilloa tree appears to be suitable for cultivation only in districts where the Para rubber would grow equally well.
- Vilbouchevitch); Herbert Wright, Hevea brasiliensis or Para Rubber (Colombo, 1908); Rubber in the East: the official account of the Ceylon Rubber Exhibition, 1906, edited by J.