Papillon sentence example
- Papillon in English blank verse (1801).
- Aylmer Papillon was the title of it, Dr Smiles informs us; and he prints a letter from Disraeli to the John Murray of that day, which indicates its character pretty clearly.
- The last chapter, its author says, is taken up with "Mr Papillon's banishment under the Alien Act, from a ministerial misconception of a metaphysical sonnet."
- Murray could not publish Aylmer Papillon, but he had great hopes of its boyish writer (Isaac D'Israeli was an old friend of his), "took him into his confidence, and related to him his experiences of men and affairs."Advertisement
- Highflyer is represented through his greatly esteemed son Sir Peter Teazle, commonly called Sir Peter (1784), whose dam was Papillon by Snap. Sir Peter had five sons at the stud, Walton (1790), Stamford (1794), and Sir Paul (1802) being the chief.
- Thus Mr Papillon considered that, while the teaching of English literature was admirable, the average standard of Latin and Greek teaching and attainment in the upper classes was " below that of an English public school "; he felt, however, that the secondary schools of the United States had a " greater variety of the curriculum to suit the practical needs of life," and that they existed, not " for the select few," but " for the whole people " (pp. 250 f.).
- Top Ten Toys are the miniatures of the bunch and include Papillon, Pugs, Havanese, Pekingese and Yorkies.
- Possibly some of the most elegant handbags to be seen in quite a while, Papillon offers an extensive range of hand-embroidered purses.
- In fact, the Papillon handbag is equally recognized for its roomy interior and ability to store plenty of essentials in minimal fashion.Advertisement
- The Papillon handbag is regularly available in two main designs, but very occasionally the label will introduce an updated version as part of a limited edition collection.
- Papillon 26: This smaller version is perfect for young women who don't require too much room, yet still want enough space to hold the basics, like a wallet, electronic device and small makeup bag.
- Papillon 30: Women who need a bit more space may prefer the 30, which offers the same effortless convenience as the 26 - plus some wiggle room.
- Watercolor Papillon Frame: Inspired by the popular "painterly" looks that dominated runways in 2008, this style featured a watercolor version of the Monogram print.
- If you simply must have an older version of the Papillon, steer clear of anything that seems "too good to be true" (an astoundingly low price qualifies) and wait for it to appear on a reputable seller's list.Advertisement
- With a high quality, genuine Papillon bag in your possession, you can count on enjoying it for a lifetime.
- Daniel Roth Papillon Chronographe: An 18 karat rose gold case surrounds an arresting and unusual anthracite dial.