Papas sentence example
- In the next century members of the episcopal order were sometimes addressed in this manner: thus Cyprian is styled papas or papa by his Roman correspondents.
- Attis was also known as Papas, and the Bithynians and Phrygians, according to evidence of the time of the late Empire, called him Zeus.
- Previous to this (in 1629) Parkinson, the friend and associate of Johnson, had published his Paradisus, in which (p. 517) he gives an indifferent figure of the potato under the name of Papas seu Battatas Virginianorum, and adds details as to the method of cooking the tubers which seem to indicate that they were still luxuries.
- in the Twin Peaks (Las Papas, " The Breasts "), 925 ft.
- In the Tunja-Upper Maritsa sector the principal work of the main line was a group formed round Chiftlik-Ekmechikoi which has been compared to a" Feste."A group of the same character (Papas Tepe) occupied the ridge between Upper Maritsa and Arda, a fortified village barred the Ortakoi road in the Arda valley itself, and a third" Feste "had been constructed on Kartal Tepe.Advertisement
- 25, Kartal Tepe was captured, and Papas Tepe won and lost again), the Bulgarians sat down to await the Serbians, whose II.
- Meantime the Serbians had captured Papas Tepe, though with considerable losses, and at other parts of the front fierce local attacks were delivered.
- side 1,700, or 8,000 in all, while the Serbians lost 1,000 in the Papas Tepe sector and 400 elsewhere - a total loss to the allies of 9,400.
- above sea-level - the Magdalena in the Laguna del Buey (Ox Lake) on the Las Papas plateau, and the Cauca a short distance westward in the Laguna de Santiago on the Paramo de Guanacas - and flow northward in parallel courses with the great Central Cordillera, forming the waterparting between their drainage basins.
- papas arrugadas (wrinkled potatoes ).Advertisement
- Mamas & Papas has joined up with Families NW to give one lucky reader £ 100 of vouchers to spend in-store.
- Rose worked with Cass Elliott, a future member of the Mamas and Papas, in a group called The triumvirate.
- Rose worked with Cass Elliott, a future member of the Mamas and Papas, in a group called The Triumvirate.
- Phillips' dad was John Phillips of the famous 1960s iconic band, The Mamas and the Papas.