Papas sentence example
- Attis was also known as Papas, and the Bithynians and Phrygians, according to evidence of the time of the late Empire, called him Zeus.
- Previous to this (in 1629) Parkinson, the friend and associate of Johnson, had published his Paradisus, in which (p. 517) he gives an indifferent figure of the potato under the name of Papas seu Battatas Virginianorum, and adds details as to the method of cooking the tubers which seem to indicate that they were still luxuries.
- In the Tunja-Upper Maritsa sector the principal work of the main line was a group formed round Chiftlik-Ekmechikoi which has been compared to a" Feste."A group of the same character (Papas Tepe) occupied the ridge between Upper Maritsa and Arda, a fortified village barred the Ortakoi road in the Arda valley itself, and a third" Feste "had been constructed on Kartal Tepe.
- Meantime the Serbians had captured Papas Tepe, though with considerable losses, and at other parts of the front fierce local attacks were delivered.
- Mamas & Papas has joined up with Families NW to give one lucky reader £ 100 of vouchers to spend in-store.Advertisement
- Rose worked with Cass Elliott, a future member of the Mamas and Papas, in a group called The triumvirate.
- Rose worked with Cass Elliott, a future member of the Mamas and Papas, in a group called The Triumvirate.
- Phillips' dad was John Phillips of the famous 1960s iconic band, The Mamas and the Papas.