Pantopoda sentence example
- form limbs [Pantopoda], would thus consist of eight somites), but to have been gradually reduced.
- In living Arachnids, excepting the Pantopoda, it is either fused (with loss of its appendages) with the prosoma (Limulus, 1 Scorpio), after embryonic appearance, or is 1 Pocock suggests that the area marked vii.
- The Pantopoda stand in the same relation to Limulus and Scorpio that Cyamus holds to the thoracostracous Crustacea.
- - One of the Nymphonomorphous Pantopoda, Nymphon hispidum, showing the seven pairs of appendages I to 7; ab, the rudimentary opisthosoma; s, the mouth-bearing proboscis.Advertisement
- The Pantopoda are divided into three orders, the characters of which are dependent on variation in the presence of the full number of legs.
- Order 1 (of the Pantopoda).
- - The Pantopoda are not known in the fossil condition.
- (a) Pantopoda.
- In all known Pantopoda the size of the body is quite minute as compared with that of the limbs: the alimentary canal sends a long caecum into each leg (cf.Advertisement