Pangolin sentence example
- The name scaly anteater is applied to the pangolin; the banded anteater (Myrmecobius fasciatus) is a marsupial, and the spiny anteater (Echidna) is one of the monotremes (see Marsupialia and Monotremata).
- Synopsis A pangolin is an obscure species of scaly anteater.
- The edentates are represented by the pangolin (Manis sp.?) of the Palawan group. In the seas are found the dolphin, cachalot and dugong.
- Lastly, the pangolin (Manis) is represented by two species in the eastern Himalaya.
- When stressed, the environment in which you are keeping the pangolin, should be at least 36 degrees up to 42 degrees.Advertisement
- This latter animal is closely related to one which Cuvier termed Pangolin gigantesque, and had he restored it according to his " law of correlation " he would have pictured a giant " scaly anteater," a type as wide as the poles from the actual form of Chalicotherium, which in body, limbs and teeth is a modified ungulate herbivore, related remotely to the tapirs.