Panelled sentence example
- The lower order contains the flat pilastered portal with two panelled spaces on each side.
- "One of the seven wonders of Wales" is St Giles's church, of the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries, with a panelled tower of several stages erected between 1506 and 1520, and containing ten famous bells cast (1726) by Rudhall; the interior is Decorated, and has two monuments by Roubilliac to the Myddletons.
- It is a beautiful room, with open timber roof, windows partly of stained glass, and walls tapestried and panelled.
- On the flat panelled ceiling of the nave are the heraldic shields of the princes, noblemen and bishops who shared in its erection, and the great west window contains modern painted glass of excellent colour and design.
- 1-11) Haggai addresses Zerubbabel and Joshua, rebuking the people for leaving the temple unbuilt while they are busy in providing panelled houses for themselves.Advertisement
- Westminster Abbey is a cruciform structure consisting of nave with aisles, transepts with aisles (but in the south transept the place of the western aisle is occupied by the is a fine panelled hall, bearing on its walls the arms and names of many eminent alumni; it is entered by a gateway attributed to Inigo Jones, also covered with names.
- Opposite the entrance within is a hall with recesses for coffins and a richly panelled ceiling; underneath is an immense vault.
- The pillars, architraves, ceilings, panels, and almost every available part of the structure, are covered with arabesques and sculptured figures of dragons, lions, tigers, birds, flowers, and even pictorial compositions with landscapes and figures, deeply carved in solid or open workthe wood sometimes plain, sometimes overlaid with pigment and gilding, as in the panelled ceiling of the chapel of Iyeyasu in Tokyo.
- The house is built of wood, but the siding is of wide thick boards so panelled as to give the appearance of cut and dressed stonework.