Panama-hats sentence example
- The palm family is numerous and includes the species producing vegetable ivory (Phytelephas), straw for plaiting Panama hats (Carludovica palmata), and the peach palm (Guilielma speciosa).
- The plaiting of Panama hats from the specially prepared fibre of the " toquilla " palm is a domestic industry among the Indians at Catacoas (Piura) and Eten (Lambayeque).
- On the island of Niihau is a fine grass (Cyperus laevigatus), out of which the beautiful Niihau mats were formerly made; it is used in making Panama hats.
- The hats are an article of export, and are known abroad as Panama hats.
- The making of Panama hats from the fibre of the "toquilla" palm is a household industry.Advertisement
- Choose from everything from ball caps to Panama hats and fedoras.
- You can buy genuine Panama hats at The Panama Hat Shop.