Pampas grass sentence example
- The so-called " pampas-grass " (Gynerium argenteum) is not found at all on the dry lands, but in the wet grounds of the south and south-west.
- The swamps covered with flax and giant bulrushes were often redeemed to the eye by sheets of golden-plumed toe-toe, a kind of pampas grass.
- The Pampas-Grass, a noble species, introduced from Buenos Aires; it forms huge tussocks, 4 or 5 ft.
- westwards along coastal roads was picturesque with great stands of eucalyptus trees and pampas grass everywhere.
- The route westwards along coastal roads was picturesque with great stands of eucalyptus trees and pampas grass everywhere.Advertisement
- Ravennae is somewhat like the Pampas Grass in habit, but smaller in size, having violet-tinged leaves.
- A. c. vivipara, with its panicles of graceful viviparous awns, resembles a miniature Pampas Grass.
- Its tall and graceful flower-stems rise to a height of 5 or 6 feet, and wave in the wind, but, though slender, are so tough and wiry that they are never injured like the much stronger-looking stems of the Pampas Grass.