Palpiform sentence example
- Limulus thus agrees with Scorpio and differs from the Crustacea, in which there are three prosthomeres - one ocular and two carrying palpiform appendages.
- (From Lankester, loc. cit.) palpiform appendages.
- The single pair of palpiform appendages in front of the mouth has been found in one instance to be antenniform, whilst the numerous post-oral appendages in the same genus were bi-ramose.
- The members of this group, whilst resembling the lower Crustacea (as all lower groups of a branching genealogical tree must do), differ from them essentially in that the head exhibits only one prosthomere (in addition to the eye-bearing prosthomere) with palpiform appendages (as in all Arachnida) instead of two.
- (After Beecher.) ancestor of the grade) grouped in three regions of six - (a) the " prosoma " with palpiform appendages, (b) the " mesosoma " with plate-like appendages, and (c) the " metasoma " with suppressed FIG.Advertisement
- III, Palpiform limb.
- - This tribe includes beetles of carnivorous habit with five segments on every foot, simple thread-like feelers with none of the segments enlarged to form club or pectination, and the outer lobs (galea) of the first maxilla usually two-segmented and palpiform (fig.
- - In primitive forms belonging to the family Nymphonidae the full complement of appendages is retained - the 1st (mandibular), the 2nd (palpiform), and the 3rd (ovigerous) pairs being well developed in both sexes.