Palmitin sentence example
- But in this case the fatty acid unites with the alkali into its potash or soda salt, forming a soap C3H5(C16H3102)3+3NaOH =3NaC16H3102+C,H5(OH) 3 Palmitin.
- Of the natural fats or glycerides contained in oils the most important in addition to palmitin are stearin and olein, and these it may be sufficient to regard as the principal fatty bodies concerned in soapmaking.
- STEARIC ACID, n-Octodecylic acid CH 3 (CH 2) 16 CO 2 H, an organic acid found as its glyceride stearin, mixed with palmitin and olefin, in most tallows (hence its name, from Gr.
- Cod-liver oil contains palmitin, stearin and other more complex glycerides; the "stearine" mentioned above, however, contains very little palmitin and stearin.Advertisement
- PALMITIC ACID, n-Hexadecylic Acid, Ch3(Ch2)14c02h, an organic acid found as a glyceride, palmitin, in all animal fats, and partly as glyceride and partly uncombined in palm oil.