Palmately sentence example
- Vines have woody climbing stems, with alternate, entire or palmately lobed leaves, provided at the base with small stipules.
- - Palmately compound leaf of the Horse-chestnut (Aesculus Hippocastanum).
- resembling leaf-buds, and have protruding crimson stigmas; the minute inner bracts, by their enlargement, form the palmately lobed and cut involucre or husk of the nut.
- quinquefolia, Virginian creeper, a native of North America, introduced to Europe early in the 17th century, has palmately compound leaves with three to five leaflets.
- Maples are for the most part trees with opposite, longstalked, palmately lobed leaves.Advertisement
- The latter are simple, or irregularly lobed in Ophioglossum, more or less compoundly pinnate in Botrychium and palmately pinnate in Helminthostachys.
- Its leaves are palmately compound with 3-5 leaflets, the middle one being the largest.