Palmate sentence example
- Palmate palm trees are noted for having fan-like leaves.
- The leaf in this case is multicostate and the venation palmate.
- Adiantum; the lowest vein in each half of the lamina follows a course parallel to the edge, and gives off numerous branches, which fork repeatedly as they spread in a palmate manner towards the leaf margin.
- Smooth and palmate newts rarely live beyond around five years.
- The palmate seed leaves or cotyledons look like a pair of supplicating hands and so are distinctive but easily overlooked.Advertisement
- The recently discovered species, Sphenophyllum fertile, while resembling Bowmanites Romeri in its peltate, bisporangiate sporangiophores, is peculiar in the fact that both dorsal and ventral lobes of the sporophyll were fertile, dividing in a palmate manner into several branches, each of which constitutes a sporangiophore.