Palmate sentence example
- high, with a rounded head of foliage, and greyish-green 3 to 7-lobed palmate leaves, somewhat resembling the leaves of the castor-oil plant in shape and size.
- Palmate palm trees are noted for having fan-like leaves.
- Adiantum; the lowest vein in each half of the lamina follows a course parallel to the edge, and gives off numerous branches, which fork repeatedly as they spread in a palmate manner towards the leaf margin.
- The leaf in this case is multicostate and the venation palmate.
- polyphyllus, 3 ft., forms noble tufts of palmate leaves, and long spikes of bluishpurple or white flowers in June and July; L.Advertisement
- taking place in a simple leaf with palmate or radiating venation, give origin to lobed, cleft and partite forms.
- - Colonial branching or palmate perforate corals, with abundant trabecular coenenchyme.
- The recently discovered species, Sphenophyllum fertile, while resembling Bowmanites Romeri in its peltate, bisporangiate sporangiophores, is peculiar in the fact that both dorsal and ventral lobes of the sporophyll were fertile, dividing in a palmate manner into several branches, each of which constitutes a sporangiophore.
- Smooth and palmate newts rarely live beyond around five years.
- palmate newts rarely live beyond around five years.Advertisement
- palmate leaves with seven ' fingers ' in summer - the buckeye only has five ' fingers ' .
- palmate antlers of the fallow bucks.
- palmate lobes, all distinctly longer than wide.
- The name palmate or palmatifid (fig.
- 19) or palmate (fig.Advertisement
- The palmate seed leaves or cotyledons look like a pair of supplicating hands and so are distinctive but easily overlooked.