Palladian sentence example
- It is a stone building in Palladian style, and contains a number of splendid paintings and much fine wood-carving.
- The principal public building is the town hall, completed in 1863 after the designs of Sir Charles Barry; it is a handsome Palladian building with a tower.
- Trinity College, or Dublin University, fronts the street with a Palladian façade (1759), with two good statues by Foley, of Goldsmith and Burke.
- What Germany afterwards took of the Palladian manner was destined to reach it on a circuitous route from France.
- The hall, converted into a royal chapel by George I., and now housing the museum of the Royal United Service Institution, the buildings of which adjoin it, is a fine specimen of Palladian architecture, and its ceiling is adorned with allegorical paintings by Rubens, restored and rehung in 1907.Advertisement
- A fine palace was erected in the Palladian style in the 17th century by Marchese Benedetto Selvatico-Estense, then owner of the springs.
- The earlier villas were completed in Regency cottage style, which was later to give way to mid and early Victorian Palladian classicism.
- Michelin Star 2006 A magnificent 1720 Palladian mansion set in extensive parkland of five hundred acres, six miles from the City of Bath.
- Trinity College, or Dublin University, fronts the street with a Palladian faÃ§ade (1759), with two good statues by Foley, of Goldsmith and Burke.