Palings sentence example
- was a yard, fenced with wooden palings; in it were a well near the apse, and a small structure of tile with a pit near the east end.
- 3 The power of a grating to construct light of nearly definite wavelength is well illustrated by Young's comparison with the production of a musical note by reflection of a sudden sound from a row of palings.
- chestnut palings.
- Sand has been trapped using a series of wind breaks in the form of chestnut palings.
- They soon reached a small hut, near which, enclosed within some high palings, was the animal in question.Advertisement
- Different types of tree provide timber suitable for different uses: Willow for weaving hurdles, chestnut for fence palings or ash for firewood.
- Pierre too drew near the church where the thing was that evoked these exclamations, and dimly made out something leaning against the palings surrounding the church.
- From the words of his comrades who saw better than he did, he found that this was the body of a man, set upright against the palings with its face smeared with soot.