Palawan sentence example
- Bering Sea is bounded by the Alaskan Peninsula and the chain of the Aleutian Islands; the sea of Okhotsk is enclosed by the peninsula of Kamchatka and the Kurile Islands; the Sea of Japan is shut off by Sakhalin Island, the Japanese Islands and the peninsula of Korea; the Yellow Sea is an opening between the coast of China and Korea; the China Sea lies between the Asiatic continent and the island of Formosa, the Philippine group, Palawan and Borneo.
- Palawan, 275 m.
- Very large flying-squirrels are found in Palawan and Mindanao.
- Balabac, Palawan and the Calamianes show a very strong Bornean element.
- It formerly included the whole of northern Borneo and southern Palawan, and stretched down the west coast as far as Sambas.Advertisement
- The Philippines, politically speaking, and the Philippines, zoologically speaking, are not identical areas; Balabac, Palawan and the Calamianes being characterized by the occurrence of numerous Bornean forms which are conspicuously absect from the remaining islands.
- Although the Philippines are commonly held to form an eastern extension of the Indo-Malayan sub-region, there is a large amount of specialization in the fauna of the islands eastward of the Palawan group. Mammals are scarce.
- The edentates are represented by the pangolin (Manis sp.?) of the Palawan group. In the seas are found the dolphin, cachalot and dugong.
- Deer are absent in Palawan, Tawi Tawi, Tablas, Romblon, Sibuyan and Siquijor.
- Farther west and separated from the southern portion of this chain is the long narrow island of Palawan or Paragua (4027 sq.Advertisement