Palatines sentence example
- Sharp, recurved teeth are carried by the mandibles, the pterygoids, palatines, maxillaries, and in the Pythoninae by the premaxillaries also.
- Characterized by possessing only a few teeth, on the posterior part of the maxillaries, on the palatines and Coronelline Nymphophidium, the same effect is reached by two prominences at the base of the skull.
- There are also teeth on the palatines, anterior portion of the pterygoids, and on the short dentaries.
- The machinery of government was framed of a council of state, at which the Imperial government was represented by a commissioner plenipotentiary, and a diet divided into a senate composed of the princes of the blood, the palatines and councillors named for life, and a house of nuntii elected for seven years, 77 chosen by the "dietines" of the nobles, and 51 by the commons.
- He, a simple citizen, from pure patriotism, thus mediated between the crown and the people, as the Hungarian palatines were wont to do in years gone by, and it was the wish of the diet that Deal(should exercise the functions of a palatine at the solemn ceremony of the coronation.Advertisement
- At the Organiza- head was the king, surrounded by his household of tion of the lezfdes, and aided by the palatines, great officers of vIslgothi~ state imitated from the imperial model.
- It is mainly formed by the maxillae, as the palatines are very narrow.
- The pterygoids are delicate slender slips of bone attached to the hinder border of the palatines, and supported externally by, and generally welded with, the rough pterygoid plates of the alisphenoid, with no pterygoid fossa between.
- Frontal bones distinct from parietals; palatines fused with maxillaries.
- - Tailed batrachians, with the frontals distinct from the parietals and the palatines from the maxillary.Advertisement
- In most of the former the palatines fuse with the vomers, whilst they remain distinct, unless entirely lost, in the latter.
- simultaneously on the vomers, the palatines, Rsvc, Lsvc, right the pterygoids and the parasphenoid in and left supesome of the Stegocephalia (Dawsonia, Seeleya, rior cavae.
- Acanthostoma), on the vomers, palatines and Ta, Truncus arparasphenoid in many salamandrids (Pletho- teriosus.
- The batrachians they are confined to the vomers pericardium and palatines or to the vomers alone (37).
- The palatines are long, always fused anteriorly with the premaxilla, and fre quently with the maxillo-palatine processes; posteriorly they slide upon the presphenoidal rostrum, and articulate in most birds with the pterygoids; they form the greater part of the palatal roof and border the choanae or inner nares.Advertisement
- In 1709 more than 2000 Palatines emigrated to New York with their pastor, Johann Friedrich Hager (d.