Palaeotropical sentence example
- Among the more curious forms of other land-birds may be especially mentioned the Megapodiidae, Lipoa and Talegallus, the rail Tribonyx and Pedionomus, which represents the otherwise palaeotropical Turnices in Australia.
- Palaeotropical Region.
- Upupidae, Upupinae, hoopoes: palaearctic and palaeotropical.
- Bucerotinae, hornbills, palaeotropical; Irrisorinae, wood hoopoes, Ethiopian.
- Pittidae, palaeotropical.Advertisement
- The pythons (q.v.) are restricted to the palaeotropical and Australian regions, with the sole exception of Loxocemus bicolor in southern Mexico.
- Palaearctic and palaeotropical with the exception of Madagascar; not in the Australian region.
- Palaeotropical Ethiopian Region 4 Oriental In the following account the characterization of the various regions and subregions has to a very great extent been adopted from Newton's article in his Dictionary of Birds, and from the chapter on distribution in the article on " Birds " in the Encyclopaedia Britannica, 9th edition.
- - Muchcanbe said in favour of combining the mostly tropical portion of the great mass of land of the Old World (excluding, of course, Austrogaea or the Australian region) into one region, for which Oscar Drude's well-chosen term " palaeotropical " has been adopted (cf.