Palaeographical sentence example
- Very interesting examples of Israelite written inscriptions on potsherds, dating from the 9th century B.C. and probably from the reign of Ahab, were found that are of great palaeographical importance.
- This was Lumby's revised date, but the progress of palaeographical studies has made it possible to demonstrate that MSS.
- So far back as it can be traced it is, therefore, an Alexandrian MS., and palaeographical arguments point in the same direction.
- It is usually said that this MS., like A, came originally from Egypt, but this is merely a palaeographical guess, for which there is no real evidence.
- After completing his studies at the Collegium Romanum, he lived for some time at Orvieto, where he was engaged in teaching and palaeographical studies.Advertisement
- In 1859 the twelve volumes of his vast Denkmciler aus Agypten and Athiopien were finished, supplemented later by a text prepared from the note-books of the expedition; they comprise its entire archaeological, palaeographical and historical results.
- (2) Palaeographical.
- 6, would seem to show that the pool was already in existence, and, for palaeographical details, see Pal.
- Nilus (965); and a palaeographical school, for the copying of MSS.
- Muller, partly on palaeographical grounds (cf.Advertisement
- (From facsimile published by Palaeographical Soc., 1873.) r E: iN.'rrg0 ??