Palace revolution sentence example
- His deposition has been ascribed to a formal act of the Witan, but this seems an antedating of constitutional methods and the circumstances point to a palace revolution.
- In January 1678 a palace revolution broke out against the queen-regent, who was driven from Madrid, and Valenzuela fled for refuge to the monastery of the Escorial.
- She kept a son born to her shortly before the palace revolution of 1762, whose paternity could not be attributed to Peter, at a distance, though she provided for him.
- At the height of glory and success he was suddenly precipitated from his dignity by another palace revolution.
- Meanwhile, on the 20th of June 1662, the regency had been terminated by a palace revolution.Advertisement
- The signature of the treaty of Lisbon had been preceded by another palace revolution.