Pais sentence example
- This periodical was started in 1791 at Lima, the contributors forming a society called " amantes del pais," and it was completed in eleven volumes.
- Pais, " La Sardegna avanti al dominio dei Romani " in Memorie dei Lincei (1881); R.
- Pais, Ancient Legends of Roman History (Eng.
- Pais, Storia di Roma, i.
- Pais in Rendiconti dei Lincei, 1906, 611 seq.); the bay was also known as mare Amunclanum.Advertisement
- The Sociedad Economica de Amigos del Pais, established in 1792, has always had considerable influence.
- Pais, Atakta (Pisa, 1891), 55, who attributes its foundation, under the name of Tauromenion (which it soon lost), to the Zancleans of Hybla (afterwards Megara Hyblaea).
- The Frank conquest is represented by the " Crusaders' Tower " at Kolossi, and the church of St Nicholas at Nicosia; and, later, by masterpieces of a French Gothic style, such as the church (mosque) of St Sophia, and other churches at Nicosia; the cathedral (mosque) and others at Famagusta (q.v.), and the monastery at Bella Pais; as well as by domestic architecture at Nicosia; and by forts at Kyrenia, Limasol and elsewhere.
- Later, the missionaries of Cuenca and Quito established many missions in the Pais de los Maynas, and made extensive use of the Pongo de Manseriche as an avenue of communication with their several convents on the Andean plateau.
- Pais, Storia di Roma, vol.Advertisement
- NAUMACHIA, the Greek word denoting a naval battle (Pais, ship, and,uaXrl, battle), used by the Romans as a term for a mimic sea-fight.
- Compurgation, the ordeal, and trial by battle began to yield to Visnet, Jugement del Pais, the " good men of the country," giving their verdict, while sentence was passed by the judge, sheriff, alderman or bailiff.
- Her mother posed with her three-day -old daughter on the cover of Pais & Filhos.