Paget sentence example
- Sir William Hamilton was subsequently recalled in a manner closely resembling a disgrace, and his place was taken by Paget, who behaved with mote dignity and tact.
- Sir Arthur Paget's embassy to Turkey, and the same year he was selected to serve on the staff of Sir Arthur Wellesley in the expedition to Copenhagen.
- The remaining members of the group, St George, Paget, Smith, St David, Cooper, Nonsuch, &c., lie N.E.
- See Paget Toynbee, "Some Obligations of Dante to Albertus Magnus" in Romania, xxiv.
- See North-West Frontier Province Gazetteer (Calcutta, 1908); Sir Thomas Holdich, The Indian Borderland (1901) Paget and Mason, Record of Frontier Expeditions (1884).Advertisement
- In the following November Newton redeemed his promise to Halley by sending him, by the hand of Mr Paget, one of the fellows of his own college, and at that time mathematical master of Christ's Hospital, a copy of his demonstration; and very soon afterwards Halley paid another visit to Cambridge to confer with Newton about the problem; and on his return to London on the 10th of December 1684, he informed the Royal Society " that he had lately seen Mr Newton at Cambridge, who had showed him a curious treatise De Motu," which at Halley's desire he promised to send to the Society to be entered upon their register.
- We accepted the empty desks at school the morning after a bomb destroyed four houses in Paget Street killing two classmates.
- The Billy Banks flow west from Paget Terrace in an almost pristine sixties line.
- Web paget Now The LJMU Web site Provides access to the Liverpool John Moores University web site home page.
- I will present from you the book you desire to the Royal Society, Mr Boyle, Mr Paget, Mr Flamsteed, and if there be any else in town that you design to gratify that way; and I have sent you to bestow on your friends in the University 20 copies, which I entreat you to accept.Advertisement
- Paget Gorman-While this system is primarily used to help those children who have speech impairments or difficulties, some parents find it beneficial to use in teaching infants to sign.
- Specific diseases causing an increased risk for fractures include Paget's disease, rickets, osteogenesis imperfecta, osteoporosis, bone cancer and tumors, and prolonged disuse of a nonfunctional body part such as after a stroke.
- Paget's disease-A chronic disorder of unknown cause usually affecting middle aged and elderly people and characterized by enlarged and deformed bones.
- Changes in the normal mechanism of bone formation occur in Paget's disease and can cause bones to weaken, resulting in bone pain, arthritis, deformities, and fractures.