Paganini sentence example
- The appearance of the violinist Paganini in Paris, 1831, marks the starting-point of the supreme eminence Liszt ultimately attained as a virtuoso.
- Paganini's marvellous technique inspired him to practise as no pianist had ever practised before.
- He tried to find equivalents for Paganini's effects, transcribed his violin caprices for the piano, and perfected his own technique to an extraordinary degree.
- After Paganini he received a fresh impulse from the playing and the compositions of Chopin, who arrived in 1831, and yet another impulse of equal force from a performance of Berlioz's " Symphonie Fantastique, episode de la vie d'un artiste," in 1832.
- Later, we find him imitating Paganini and Chopin, and at the same time making a really passionate and deep study of Beethoven, Weber, Schubert, Berlioz.Advertisement
- ministrations of a local priest, Paganini died on 27 May 1840.
- A series of short variations follow exploiting many techniques including the exotic pyrotechnics associated with Paganini's violin writing.
- In an adjoining room are preserved a bronze tablet dating from 117 B.C. (see below), two autograph letters of Columbus, and the violin of Paganini, also a native of Genoa.
- At the pianoforte his achievements culminate in the two books of studies, twice rewritten, and finally published in 1852 as Etudes d'execution transcendante, the Etudes de concert and the Paganini Studies; the two concertos and the Todtentanz, the Sonata the Hungarian Rhapsodies and the fine transcriptions of Beethoven's symphonies (the 9th for two pianofortes as well as solo), and of Berlioz's Symphonie fantastique, and the symphony, Harold en Italie.
- - Etudes d'execution transcendante; Etudes de concert; Zwei Etuden, Waldesrauschen, Gnomentanz; Ab Irato; Paganini Studies; Annees de Pelerinage, 3 sets; Harmonies poetiques et religieuses, i-io; Consolations, 1-6; Ave Maria in E; Sonata in B minor; Konzert-Solo in E minor; Scherzo and Marsch; Ballades, I.Advertisement
- A series of short variations follow exploiting many techniques including the exotic pyrotechnics associated with Paganini 's violin writing.
- Paganini is to Rachmaninov 's Rhapsody on a Theme of... and hence is all good accessible stuff, musically at any rate.