Pacts sentence example
- Ecclesiastical immunities, such as reservation of the criminal cases of the clergy, exemption from military service and other privileges, are expressly maintained in a certain number of pacts.
- This treaty and similar pacts with Austria and Hungary were ratified by the Senate, Oct.
- 14 1386 by the marriage of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Jogaila (Jagello) to the Polish Queen Jadviga and confirmed by the subsequent pacts of Vilna in 1401 and 1432, of Horodlo in 1413, of Grodno in 1501 and 1512 and, parliamentarily, of Lublin in 1569.
- It favoured an Anglo-French entente or alliance, seeing therein a substantial guarantee for the due carrying-out of those pacts.
- But their representatives, assisted by the senators and deputies of the Basque Provinces in the Cortes, negotiated successive pacts, each lasting several years, securing for the three Provinces their municipal and provincial self-government, and the assessment, distribution and collection of their principal taxes and octroi duties, on the understanding that an agreed sum should be paid annually to the state, subject to an increase whenever the national taxation of other provinces was augmented.Advertisement
- These pacts have hitherto been scrupulously observed, and as the local authorities levy the contribution after their own local customs, landed property and the industrial and commercial classes are less heavily taxed in these territories than in the rest of Spain.
- The Bohemians recognized Sigismund as their sovereign, but obtained considerable concessions with regard to religious pacts."
- PACTS has issued a parliamentary briefing on the subject.
- concluded such pacts with a number of countries.
- conclusion pactS would urge Members of Parliament to include the safety dimension within this legislation.Advertisement
- US tactics center on bilateral pacts designed to create a system of malleable clients for a future anti-Chavez alliance.
- Will they seek to achieve the most favorable deal by establishing negotiating pacts?
- The Middle East is littered with the wreckage of failed defense pacts that only heightened tensions.
- It all happened because of military pacts in which an attack on one party was viewed as an attack on all.