Pacifist sentence example
- The pacifist manufacturer was a conflicted individual during wartime.
- His record as a pacifist cost him his seat at Leicester at the general election of Dec. 1918; he received only 6,347 votes to the 20,570 polled for his opponent, Mr. J.
- Mr. Snowden made himself extremely unpopular during the World War owing to his pacifist opinions, and was one of the Socialist members of Parliament who lost their seats at the general election of 1918.
- The attitude of Labour internationalism was maintained by Mr. Henderson out of office, and he warmly espoused the Labour policy of the latter part of 1918, to take the Labour men out of the Government and appeal for support on a Labour platform, in conjunction with the pacifist wing of the party.
- He was defeated by a candidate of the National Democratic party in East Ham, and none of the Pacifist Labour men with whom he had made common cause found their way into Parliament.Advertisement
- Generally a pacifist, the slim Gandhi-like Dhalsim retired from fighting after the second world warrior tournament.
- In 1907 he took a prominent part in advocating the ending, rather than the mending, of the House of Lords; and in 1908 he was elected chairman of the party, a post which he held for two years and to which he was reelected in the autumn of 1914 when the then chairman, Mr. Ramsay Macdonald, had to resign owing to his pacifist views.
- He remained a pacifist throughout the war, and used his influence in this direction in the labour and socialist movement, but he seldom spoke in Parliament, though he associated himself with the occasional anti-war demonstrations of Mr. Snowden and Mr. Arthur Ponsonby, and claimed the right of public meeting and free speech for pacifists.
- engulfed by the pacifist wave!
- Vague pacifist agitation, veiled by socialist phraseology, is an excellent tool for the bourgeois rÃ©gime.Advertisement
- nonviolence as a way of life: to be a pacifist was essential.
- To be clear: I am not a pacifist.
- After America's entrance into the World War he was a pronounced and conspicuous pacifist.
- We can then consider the reality of Jesus a pacifist or a war monger.
- He was a pacifist, though, and viewed his position on the Council as balancing out the outwardly aggressive predators.Advertisement
- impel even the most ardent pacifist to join a resistance movement.