Pacifism sentence example
- After America's entrance into the World War he upheld pacifism, and in Sept.
- Interestingly, the author does not promote pacifism nor does he endorse war.
- Many think that imperialist pacifism is an instrument of peace.
- These include pacifism, vegetarianism, charity work, recycling, the Green movement, and the caring professions.
- In Italy the war led to repressive measures against those attempting to leave a job and those advocating pacifism.Advertisement
- We must however give to our fight against the war its fully revolutionary sense, opposing and pitilessly denouncing pacifism.
- Whether or not one agrees with Bennett's absolute pacifism, it is a moral position that demands respect.
- For many people, whether or not they are religious, pacifism is a sound political ideal.
- Bono has shared stages with economists and politicians as he works on anti-poverty and pacifism campaigns.
- One man said he didn't agree with my views but I could stay there if I didn't preach pacifism to them.Advertisement
- akin to total pacifism or to not telling a lie even to save a life.
- More evident still is the subordinate role played by petty bourgeois pacifism with regard to Imperialism in the United States.
- pacifism in the twentieth century Peter Brock and Nigel Young Syracuse Universty Press.
- With the arrival of fascist dictators in Europe Fenner Brockway began to have doubts about the political merits of pacifism.
- The charge of pacifism was often brought against him, and his career generally as Secretary was widely condemned throughout the United States as lacking in energy, foresight and ability, and especially for his failure to prepare adequately in the months immediately preceding the American declaration of war.Advertisement