Oxy sentence example
- By the condensation of ortho-aminophenols with phosgene or thiophosgene, oxy and thio-derivatives are obtained, the (OH) and (SH) groups being situated in the t t position, and these compounds on treatment with amines yield amino derivatives.
- Intermolecular transformations-migrations of substituent groups from one carbon atom to anotherare of fairly common occurrence among oxy compounds at elevated temperatures.
- Amino derivatives similarly result from thio-ureas and a-haloid ketones; the oxy derivatives from a-sulphocyanoketones by the action of caustic alkali; and the carboxylic acids from chloro-aceto-acetic ester, &c. and thioamides.
- When acetylene was first introduced on a commercial scale attempts were made to utilize its great heat of combustion by using it in conjunction with oxygen in the oxy hydrogen blowpipe.
- A significant fraction of the oxy radical also reacts via hydrogen atom abstraction from the added reagent.Advertisement
- When you turn the Oxy Twist Swing Chi machine exerciser on, it shakes, wiggles and jiggles your legs for 15 minutes.
- Benzoyl peroxide is found in many over-the-counter acne products that are applied to the skin, such as Benoxyl, Neutrogena Acne, PanOxyl, and some formulations of Clean & Clear, Clearasil, and Oxy.
- The top cosmetic companies with acne systems - Neutrogena, Proactiv, Clinique, Murad, Clearsil and Oxy - all have cleansers, treatments and moisturizers for acne-prone skin.
- Oxy Clinical Clearing Treatment: This product contains 5% benzoyl peroxide, which is a good strength to begin acne treatment without irritating skin.