Oximetry sentence example
- Page 13: " Oximetry is an essential adjunct in determining whether to make a referral.
- It follows that it is most useful to monitor heart rate and blood pressure, also pulse oximetry to detect hypoxia.
- Clinical observation can be usefully supplemented by pulse oximetry, blood pressure measurement, ECG and end tidal CO 2 monitoring when available.
- On review, the advisors thought monitoring pulse oximetry was specifically indicated in a further 27 cases.
- Flow-volume loops and pulse oximetry are diagnostic tools used to measure how much air flows through the breathing passages and how much oxygen is available.Advertisement
- With the exception of arterial blood gas, pulse oximetry, and total lung capacity, pulmonary function tests are performed using spirometry (from the Greco-Latin term meaning "to measure breathing").
- Pulse oximetry uses a sensor placed on the earlobe or fingertip to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood.
- Except for the arterial blood gas tests and pulse oximetry, pulmonary function tests should not be given to patients who have had a recent heart attack, or who have certain other types of heart disease.
- In addition, oxygen and carbon dioxide levels may be measured (blood gases) and the exchange evaluated (oximetry).
- Pulse oximetry, another way of assessing oxygen levels, involves attaching a device called a pulse oximeter to the patient's finger.Advertisement
- Cardiopulmonary monitoring and oximetry may be continued during kangaroo care.