Oximeter sentence example
- The level of oxygen in the blood can be measured by taking a blood sample from an artery, or, more easily, using a device called an oximeter, which is clipped to an earlobe.
- Using an oximeter to keep track of the blood oxygen level, repeated artery punctures or heel sticks can be avoided.
- The next step is to design a pulse oximeter in which this extra measuring facility is already an integral part.
- An oximeter measures oxygen saturation, and some models also measure heart rate.
- The child's blood oxygen level can be measured using a pulse oximeter, a sensor placed on the fingertip or earlobe.Advertisement
- A pulse oximeter or arterial blood gas measurement reveals the presence of decreased oxygen in the blood.
- Pulse oximetry, another way of assessing oxygen levels, involves attaching a device called a pulse oximeter to the patient's finger.