Oximes sentence example
- Benzophenone oxime, CeHSC (:NOH)C 6 H 5, exists only in one modification which melts at 140° C.; whereas the unsymmetrical benzophenones each yield two oximes.
- Both oximes and hydrazones, on boiling with dilute acid, regenerate the parent aldehyde.
- The oximes permit the reverse change, i.e.
- Wallach, Ber., 1881, 14, P. 421); by the action of reducing agents on nitroparaffins; by the action of zinc and hydrochloric acid on aldehyde ammonias (German Patent 73,812); by the reduction of the phenylhydrazones and oximes of aldehydes and ketones with sodium amalgam in the presence of alcohol and sodium acetate (J.
- According to Hantzsch the isomeric diazo hydroxides are structurally identical, and the differences in behaviour are due to stereo-chemica l relations, the isomerism being comparable with that of the oximes.Advertisement
- With aldehydes and ketones it forms oximes.
- Oximes >>
- Thus with hydroxylamine aldehydes yield aldoximes, R CH: N OH, and ketones, ketoximes, R 2 C: N OH (see Oximes), while phenyl hydrazine gives phenylhydrazones, R 2 C:N NH C 6 H 5 (see Hydrazones).
- The isomerism of the oximes of unsymmetrical ketones is explained in the same manner, and their configuration is determined by an application of the Beckmann transformation (see Ber., 1891, 24, p. 1 3); thus: R C R' - R C(OH): NR'-->R Conhr'(R' and OH, " syn ").
- Benzophenone oxime, CeHSC (:NOH)C 6 H 5, exists only in one modification which melts at 140Ã‚° C.; whereas the unsymmetrical benzophenones each yield two oximes.Advertisement