Oxbow sentence example
- Oxbow lakes and bayous are common only in the Delta.
- There are some cut-offs or oxbow lakes along the Missouri, and many lakelets originally such are scattered along the Platte, Elkhorn, Big Blue and other rivers.
- From our base at the comfortable Oropendola Lodge we'll be able to explore the trails, oxbow lakes and visit nearby canopy platforms.
- The two passages to the left at the main junction joined to form a small oxbow.
- An interesting discovery was a small round tube going off to the left, probably an abandoned oxbow.Advertisement
- Returning to the Letterbox, the Clean passage leads off as a low crawl which passes an oxbow after 15m.
- To our surprise the passage formed a high, dry oxbow to the main streamway, which we were now ready to explore.
- Imagine a long stream passage where there is a short oxbow connecting across a meander.
- The ledge was traversed to gain a short high-level oxbow on the left.
- A diversion along the dry oxbow bypasses the waterfall pitch.Advertisement
- Thus it forms an old oxbow to the Main Drain.