Own-up sentence example
- He'll own up to us in his own time.
- The Spaniards were at first successful, and captured Braganza and Almeida; but they were subsequently defeated at Villa Velha and Valencia de Alcantara, and the Portuguese fully held their own up to the signature of peace at Fontainebleau, in February 1763.
- But since we has grown up a bit, got mature, we n own up a bit, got mature, we n ow onl y throw them th e bre ads.
- But now, serious publications have articles on Heimat; movers and shakers in all fields own up to the Heimat feeling.
- If your potential date doesn't own up to mistakes, blaming others instead, this is a person you don't want to get involved with.Advertisement
- Although you seldom own up to a mistake, you have enough sense to lie low until the storm blows over.
- Putting your own up will help share the joy of the game and the thrill of a cheer well done.