Overused sentence example
- My editor circled every adverb in my article and told me they were overused.
- Biking was usually Dean's thinking time, but his brain felt overused lately and had opted for a day off, restricting his thoughts to nothing more pressing than the next hill.
- Tho the word has been so overused as to have lost any precise meaning, the essence of fascism is hostility to individual rights.
- Smoke machine his time round was n't overused which is a good thing.
- It also has a hint of bitterness, which if overused, could overwhelm a recipe.Advertisement
- Taking medication for headache pain does not cure the headache and should not be overused.
- The term ADHD is severely overused, often in disgraceful ways to describe anybody who is hyper or disorganized.
- The words of the classic wedding vows have been so overused in popular culture, you could probably recite them right now.
- Why pick an overused, clichéd name for the group?
- Like MMS, this can be a costly endeavor if overused, because mobile providers like Cingular and Bell Mobility can charge hefty rates for wireless data.Advertisement
- Bake sales and car washes are overused and overplayed in today's communities, so many non-profit groups are continuously looking for innovative money-raising ideas that will yield a profit that outweighs the cost and effort put into it.
- While some people may see a tattoo of these angels as an homage to Raphael, a great painter, others might think that these images have been highly overused.
- The phrase "team player" is often overused, but Suzanne is truly that.
- If you do have to submit a letter, the cliché is overused but still true: "don't burn bridges."
- Clip art has been around since the days of Microsoft Windows 3.1 and was quickly overused by web designers in the late 1990s.Advertisement
- Even alternative therapies generally considered safe during pregnancy can cause a problem if overused or if you don't maintain good connections between your primary care provider and your alternative care provider.