Overtone sentence example
- The first overtone of the second will beat 64 times per second with the third of the first, and at such height in the scale this frequency will be unpleasant.
- Unlike the lustrous shades of chocolate colored pearls, natural brown pearls are a warm black-brown color and sometimes have a very slight coppery colored overtone.
- Thus, suppose a fundamental 256 has present with it overtone harmonics 512, 768, 1024, 1280, &c., and that we sound with it the major seventh with fundamental 480, and having harmonics 960, 1440, &c. The two sets may be arranged thus c 256 512 768 1024 1280 h 480 960 1440, and we see that the fundamental of the second will beat 32 times per second with the first overtone of the first, giving dissonance.
- Any artistic abilities you may possess are given a strong dramatic overtone.
- Thus if a fork Ut 3 = 256 is used, the length of pipe for the fundamental at oÃ‚° C. is about 33,000/4X256 =33 cms. If a fork Solo= 768 is used the pipe resounds to it according to the mode of the first overtone.Advertisement
- If the fork be mounted on a resonance box or held in front of a cavity resounding to the fundamental and not to the first overtone, the fundamental is brought out in great purity.
- Thus if a fork Ut 3 = 256 is used, the length of pipe for the fundamental at o° C. is about 33,000/4X256 =33 cms. If a fork Solo= 768 is used the pipe resounds to it according to the mode of the first overtone.
- If, however, the pipe is blown strongly, the funda mental dies away, and the first overtone is predominant.
- If it is touched in the middle with a feather, the edge of a card, or the finger nail, and bowed a quarter of the way along the octave, the first overtone comes out.
- The first overtone has frequency 6.25 that of the fundamental, and is not in the harmonic series.Advertisement
- Try to determine the overtone of the pearls.