Overtakes sentence example
- The ague-fit begins with chills proceeding as if from the lower part of the back, and gradually extending until the coldness overtakes the whole body.
- Exceptional to this general rule, however, is a mood of pessimism which sometimes overtakes youths on the threshold of manhood.
- But they were soon to have practical experience of the fate that overtakes those who attempt to arrest in mid-career a revolution they themselves have set in motion.
- He must indeed take with him the sacred fire and implements for domestic sacrifice, but until death overtakes him he must wander silent, alone, possessing no hearth nor dwelling, begging his food in the villages, firm of purpose, with a potsherd for an alms bowl, the roots of trees for a dwelling, and clad in coarse worn-out garments.
- The storm overtakes the boat, and it crashes to the shore.Advertisement
- While the high-contrast (white text on black background) may at first make this site seem a bit cheesy, the site quickly overtakes its appearance with the sheer wealth of quality content available on the page.