Overstepped sentence example
- In an extraordinary career he often overstepped the mark into deceit.
- Had Giddon overstepped his authority?
- Fred knew he'd overstepped his bounds and commenced to make amends.
- He regarded himself, apparently, as premier, and sometimes overstepped the limits of his office in interfering with other departments.
- We do find however that Mrs P clearly overstepped the bounds of good practice.Advertisement
- They had abused ' humor ', and perhaps overstepped the mark in the use of fear directed at children.
- This, of course, left a lot of scope to the men on the ground, and they sometimes overstepped the mark.