Overlies sentence example
- The older formation of the Quaternary period is the Lafayette (also called "Orange-sand" or "stratified drift"), which immediately overlies all the Cretaceous groups except the prairies of the Selma chalk, and all the Tertiary except the Porters Creek and Vicksburg formations and parts of the Jackson.
- Nummulitic limestone (Eocene) overlies the Cretaceous in Philistia, and north of Lebanon Eocene and Miocene deposits cover the greater part of the country.
- Brick earth overlies it from Kensington to Brentford and west thereof, and appears in Chelsea and Fulham, Hornsey and Stoke Newington, and in patches south of the Thames between Battersea and Richmond.
- A deposit of sinter and a calcareous sandstone, known as the Kalahari Kalk, considered by Dr Passarge to be of Miocene age, overlies a sandstone and curious breccia (Botletle Schnichten).
- Each escarpment stands forth where a resistant formation overlies a weaker one; each escarpment is separated from the next higher one by a broad step of weaker strata.Advertisement
- A bulging having been found, that part of the liver which apparently overlies the abscess should be stitched up to the sides of the opening made in belly-wall, and should then be explored by a hollow needle.
- This opens into the reflected portion which overlies it as shown in the diagram fig.
- In many instances the Tertiary formation, which occurs betweeii Esna and Cairo, unconformably overlies the Cretaceous, the Lower Eocene being absent.
- This overlies the remains of No.
- The Ongeluk volcanic series, consisting of lavas and breccias, conformably overlies the Griquatown series; while the grits, quartzites and conglomerates of the Matsap series rest on them with a great discordance.Advertisement
- The fact that Seaton beach overlies estuarine alluvium is clear evidence that it has experienced landward translation.
- The dark basalt overlies a thin band of chalk, which forms a strong contrast in color whenever it is visible.
- If a different type of rock overlies a cavernous limestone, then clasts or boulders of both could become mixed in a cave breccia.
- This substantial deposit, which overlies further Aeolian deposition and parent material, probably extends southwards across the tell.
- Calf Close Wood that overlies the shale is a total contrast to the rest of the reserve.Advertisement
- In order to flatten your abs, you have to burn off the fat that overlies the muscle.