Overlaying sentence example
- All these difficulties have to be rectified by the printer either overlaying or cutting away pieces in this first trial sheet.
- In the mud was a deer track, and overlaying it, the paw print of a big cat — too big to be a bobcat.
- Though, thanks to the overlaying porous pumice, the Taupo plateau is not fertile, it has a good rainfall and is drained by unfailing rivers running through deep terraced ravines.
- To keep the strands from directly overlaying each other and so adhering, the last guide through which the silk passes has a reciprocating motion whereby the fibre is distributed within certain limits over the reel.
- If the " set " of the cylinder is about correct, and the impression sheet has been taken with neither too many nor too few sheets on the cylinder, it will be a matter rather of overlaying, or " patching up," than of cutting away from this trial sheet.Advertisement
- After underlaying, and to emphasize the respective degrees of light and shade in the illustrations, a separate and careful overlaying is required for the blocks before anything is done to the main forme.
- But with half-tone process illustrations very little overlaying is required, provided the blocks have been brought up to the proper height by underlaying in the first instance - the various tones being already in the block itself - and it is little more than a matter of sharp, hard impression to give full effect to these, if both paper and ink are suitable.
- 2 The process of this overlaying is easy to realize if we remember how usual it was to transfer characteristics and episodes drawn from immemorial folk-lore to successive historical personages.
- In the mud was a deer track, and overlaying it, the paw print of a big cat â€” too big to be a bobcat.
- Look for topographic association by overlaying contours or shaded relief.Advertisement
- The Bird's Eye Views let you view real locations with street names and building names overlaying the picture.
- This build-up of overlaying story-lines is a bit of a Lucas trademark.