Overcoats sentence example
- Autumn is warmer than spring, especially in the coastal regions, and this is exaggerated in the eastern region by local land winds, which replace the cool sea-breezes of summer: overcoats are ordinarily worn in Spain and Italy till July, and are then put aside till October.
- Must have seen two hundred or more of them in white shirt, Leeds tie and gray crombie overcoats.
- On all sides soldiers were running to and fro, throwing up their knapsacks with a jerk of their shoulders and pulling the straps over their heads, unstrapping their overcoats and drawing the sleeves on with upraised arms.
- "It may be treachery," said Prince Andrew, vividly imagining the gray overcoats, wounds, the smoke of gunpowder, the sounds of firing, and the glory that awaited him.
- Soldiers scattered over the whole place were dragging logs and brushwood and were building shelters with merry chatter and laughter; around the fires sat others, dressed and undressed, drying their shirts and leg bands or mending boots or overcoats and crowding round the boilers and porridge cookers.Advertisement
- Glancing in at the door, Rostov saw that the sick and wounded were lying on the floor on straw and overcoats.
- But there were no dealers with voices of ingratiating affability inviting customers to enter; there were no hawkers, nor the usual motley crowd of female purchasers--but only soldiers, in uniforms and overcoats though without muskets, entering the Bazaar empty-handed and silently making their way out through its passages with bundles.
- Where?... he shouted to three infantrymen without muskets who, holding up the skirts of their overcoats, were slipping past him into the Bazaar passage.
- Some of these white snow pants are overall style, others are coverall, and still others will allow layering of sweatshirts and overcoats without being too bulky.
- A pink hoodie can provide a peek of color when layering in fall or winter with coats and overcoats.Advertisement
- You can choose from a number of Harris Tweed sport coats from the official web site, as well as waistcoats, trousers, overcoats, plus-fours, hats and suits.
- Women wore long dresses with matching overcoats, a bonnet or a fancy hat, gloves and a hand muff.
- These overcoats were either primarily blue or brown (depending on which state a soldier belonged to) with red-accented trimmings.